Entries were judged on their excellence in the areas of technology advancement, innovation, and benefits to the wearer including enhanced protection, increased dexterity, comfort, and durability. The award winners demonstrated the flexibility of Kevlar® in gloves, sleeves and shirts.
The winners of the DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards in the EMEA region for 2019 are:
- Fuchshuber Techno-Tex for its Cutex 25013 round neck shirt. The shirt is a lightweight knit of over 60% Kevlar®, which not only provides protection against cuts, but also protection against heat. The shirt provides a high level of comfort for the wearer whilst maintaining breathability and top-grade protective properties.
- JS GLOVES for its ZOKCL safety sleeve. The ‘clean’ lint-free 15-gauge sleeves do not leave any traces on objects, and provide protection against mechanical and thermal hazards. Machine knitted using Kevlar® filament yarn, the exceptionally lightweight sleeves offer high levels of comfort and breathability.
- ATG® Gloves for its MaxiFlex® Cut™ gloves, which offer new levels of comfort at cut level D. The gloves integrate the manufacturer’s AIRtech® platform, delivering 360 degrees of breathability, along with its DURAtech® coating that provides 18,000 abrasive cycles per millimeter. All of which provide wearers with a high-performing glove that offers both comfort and durability.
- SEIZ for its Needle glove, which ensures dexterity for the wearer while also delivering reliable protection for palms and fingertips alike. The outer shell features 100% knitted black Kevlar®; and the inner layer features a fine-knit glove made from cut-resistant HDPE yarn with a palm coating made from polyurethane (PU). A special feature of the glove is its sting protection insert for the palm of the hand, to protect against injection needles. The glove has been tested to EN 388 and pinprick protection to ANSI/ISEA 105-2016 Level 4.
- Midas Safety for its SLASHTEC NFT FA6. Delivering the highest cut protection levels, this lightweight 18-gauge glove meets EN388-2016 cut level F performance. Kevlar® is an integral part of the design, combined with steel-core fibers in a composite blend material to achieve high protection without sacrificing dexterity and comfort.
“All these winning companies have shown a unique or unconventional approach that challenges the norms of traditional personal protection,” said Andrzej Palka, EMEA Marketing Manager of DuPont Personal Protection. “We believe that they have all made a significant contribution to achieving greater safety for workers, especially in industrial environments, as well as demonstrating that once again, Kevlar® remains at the forefront of protective technology.”
DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber is used to make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and cut resistant: it is lightweight, durable and extraordinarily strong. For more than 50 years, DuPont™ Kevlar® has continuously taken on new challenges, with its scientists innovating and working on a range of new opportunities through collaborations with communities, industrial manufacturers and governments.